When you are feeling under the weather, the last thing you may want to do is schedule a massage. Here are a few reasons why it is generally not recommended to get a massage when you are sick:
- Receiving a massage can put additional strain on your body, which is already working hard to fight off illness. It is important to give your body time to rest and recover when you are sick.
- Massage can increase circulation, which can spread the illness throughout the body.
- The therapist may not want to risk getting sick themselves, as they are in close contact with many clients.
If you do decide to get a massage while you are sick, be sure to consider the following:
- Let the therapist know about your illness. They may be able to modify the massage to be more gentle and relaxing, or they may recommend that you wait until you are feeling better to schedule a massage.
- Take precautions to prevent the spread of illness to the therapist, such as wearing a mask and washing your hands before and after the massage.
- If you are experiencing severe or persistent symptoms, it is always best to consult a medical professional for advice on how to manage your condition.
If you’re looking for a massage spa near you, click here.