This post will guide you through the process of making your monthly SSS Condoned Loan installment payments using Unionbank. This guidance assumes that you have already made the initial down payment on your SSS condoned loan and now you’re wanting to pay for your monthly installment dues.
Each payment to SSS requires a Payment Reference Number (PRN). I received my first PRN during when I sent payment for the down payment. Unfortunately, there is no clear instructions on what to do on my succeeding payments. I don’t know where to go or what to do. But, I was able to find the solution which I’m going to share here with you.
Generating a PRN can be done easily via the SSS Members portal (https://member.sss.gov.ph/members/), under the Payment Reference Number menu. If you don’t have online access to the SSS website or encounter any issues, you can call the SSS PRN Helpline at (02) 920-6446 to 55, or toll-free at 1-800-10-2255-777, available Monday to Friday.
Though this guide focuses on using Unionbank for payments, alternative methods such as the Maya app or GCash (via Bills > SSS Loans – RTPL) are also viable options.
To pay your SSS Condoned Loan monthly installment using Unionbank, follow these steps:
- Log into the SSS member portal (https://member.sss.gov.ph/members/) and navigate to the Payment Reference Number menu to generate your PRN for this particular due. Take note that every time you want to pay, you will go here to generate the PRN. PRNs can only be used once. Also here, you’ll find the details of your condoned loan
- After clicking on ‘Generate PRN’, you’ll be provided with a unique PRN for your current payment. You can choose to print this if you plan on making the payment offline. The printout contains a barcode that can be scanned at the payment center to retrieve the payment details
- With your newly generated PRN, I went over to my Unionbank online dashboard, ‘Pay Bills’, and then searched for ‘SSS’ in the list of billers
- I was prompted to input your PRN. Remember, there’s no need to specify the payment amount; the system automatically recognizes the due amount linked with your PRN
- After a few moments, the payment reflected in the ‘Loans’ menu under the SSS > Payment Reference Number section on the SSS portal.
And that’s it! Alternatives like GCash and Maya also provide similarly streamlined procedures for paying your SSS condoned loan monthly installments.