- Yes, taking PreP does not protect against other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- PreP only provides protection from HIV, so it is important to use condoms correctly every time you have sex to prevent other STDs
- If you contract an STD, you are more likely to get HIV than someone who is STD-free
- This is due to the fact that having a sore or break in the skin from an STD may allow HIV to enter your body more easily
- Regular testing for STDs and HIV is recommended, even if you don’t have symptoms.
Find HIV test centers faster!+ Show References