Relieved. That’s probably an understatement when it comes to having my own GCash Account. As a student, there are a lot of added tasks to do and money should be on hand constantly without the dangers of it getting stolen. It was a relief and would stay that way as long as I am able to use my GCash account in dealing with money.
What can a GCash do?
- One, paying for the bills. Because I am a postpaid subscriber of Globe itself, it’s hard dealing with payments, especially late payments due to time constraint. I don’t have time to deal with long lines just to pay for my bills. Then there’s the electric bill that my dad usually passes down for me to pay. That’s a lot of stress just thinking of it. So what do I do? GCash can pay it for you as long as you have the money. The thing is, they don’t charge your account additional fees, too!
- Two, having a discounted load. I usually keep an extra phone to deal with other networks so mobile load is important for me. The perk is, I get a rebate whenever I load. Then when dealt with financial difficulties, you can also use it as a loading business.
- Three, load on-the-go. There’s no need to run to the nearest store just to buy load. You can load your phone with credits anytime, anywhere as long as your GCash is credited, mind you.
- Four, sending money. Once, I was lost in Manila and needed more cash. My mom sent me some. Solved!
- Five, for paying internationally. Globe GCash added another service called American Express Virtual Pay. Basically, we, here in the Philippines, can now buy stuffs online in US stores. They provide us with an address in the US where the merchant can send the stuff and then send it to us. With this, I have no need to constantly beg an uncle to buy me this and that. Whew!
Here’s a little anecdote about an experience I had a year ago. I was riding a bus when I discovered that my wallet disappeared. I didn’t even know if it was stolen or misplaced. Problem? I don’t have enough money to pay for the fare. What did my witty mind do? GCash, of course! I told the person beside me about my dilemma and asked him if I could convert his cash to load. I think he pitied me back then and easily complied. I was in cold sweat during that time so I was overjoyed when he handed me the money. GCash served as a saving grace for me.
Wallet on-the-go? Yes, and a coin bank, too! I usually spend every money in my wallet so I just cash it in my GCash so I don’t spend it every time. I am able to save a lot just by having my GCash. When it comes to dealing with money conveniently, I recommend having an account in GCash. No hassle for sure!