It’s common for people with anxiety to have negative thoughts and to worry excessively about things. If you’re struggling with anxiety, it can be helpful to try some of the following strategies:
- When you feel worried or scared, you can try taking deep breaths to feel better. To do this, breathe in slowly through your nose and out through your mouth. This can help your body and brain feel calm and relaxed. Try it a few times and see if it helps!
- Exercise can help you feel better when you’re feeling worried or stressed. When you exercise, your body releases special chemicals called endorphins that can make you feel happier and more relaxed. Try to do at least 30 minutes of exercise every day, like running, jumping, or playing a game. It’ll help your body and brain feel better!
- It’s important to get enough sleep to feel happy and healthy. When you don’t get enough sleep, you might feel worried or stressed. To make sure you get enough rest, try going to bed at the same time every night, doing something calm and relaxing before bedtime, and not looking at screens (like phones or TVs) right before you go to sleep. This can help you get a good night’s sleep and feel better in the morning.
- Eating healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, and grains can help your body and mind feel better. Try to avoid sugary treats and processed foods, because they might not be good for your anxiety.
- If you are feeling worried or scared, it’s okay to ask for help. You can ask your friends, family, or a grown-up you trust to help you feel better. Sometimes, talking to someone who understands can make you feel better and help you to manage your worries. It’s okay to ask for help and it’s important to remember that you are not alone.
It’s okay to feel worried sometimes. But there are things we can do to feel better. Like taking deep breaths, exercising, getting lots of sleep, and eating healthy foods. If these things don’t help, it’s a good idea to talk to someone who can help us with our worries. They can give us special ideas to feel better and help us figure out why we’re feeling anxious.