Published on July 2nd, 2015 | by RenLopez1
Burot Beach Adventures Review
Burot beach is located at Calatagan, Batangas. If you want to have a start from scratch beach adventure, I recommend you visiting and exploring the wonders of Burot beach.
How to get to Burot beach?
There are two ways to get to Burot beach. However, I recommend you taking the Tagaytay-Nasugbu-Calatagan route. If you are from laguna. For Manila, I believe there is always a bus to Calatagan at Coastal Mall Bus terminal.
What to expect in Burot? I have some below in bullets:
- A dusty road going and leaving the place. The beach is not quite maintained so you must not expect some glamorous entrance like some beaches around.
- You need to pay P130 for overnight adventures. The security officer will provide you a piece of garbage bag and asked for additional P20 fee.
- You will need to provide your own tent since there are no cottages around. However, you can always ask for assistance since there are some available tables that you can use. If you don’t have your own tent, I believe there’s an area where you can rent one. The price will depend on the size of the tent.
- You will also need to provide your own set of lights since there would be no electricity during the night. But if you want to work under the light of the thousand stars, then this is the place you were looking for.
- You can also set up your camp fire around the seashore, talking about friendship that will last a life time neh?. You can buy a set of wooden blocks and I believe it is worth P250.
- There is also no super clean bathroom. However, their toilets and shower area are really usable.
- Bring all the stuff you need. From yourself to clothes, toiletries, cooking utensils and food. There is a small store behind the shower area where you can buy basic stuff. Crushed iced is worth P20.
How about that thing called extreme adventures?
There are no extreme adventures on-going inside Burot island but being there overnight was considered as one. I also would like to suggest you all to try their boat riding that cost P130 per head inclusive of googles and life vest. I recommend try boat riding at around 7AM since the beach water would be very cold and the scenery would be wonderful.
The boat operator would take you to their famous sand bar in the middle of the sea. This, I can say, my very best definition of Burot. I cannot forget how clear the water is and the one of a kind feeling I felt. I also would like to mention that there are lots of sea urchins around the area. Better be safe than sorry right?
Another attraction would be the star fish area. I remember, if you go below the water, you can see that you are like standing at the edge of the cliff and it gives me nightmare just to move around.
The beach water
There are some areas of the beach that are not clean and a bit grassy. I recommend using aqua shoes if you would like to walk around the water and meet some underwater friends. You can see, of course, sea urchins, star fishes, small and cute fishes and this sea cucumber that I have never seen before. One of my friends pulled it out of the water and it became like snake skin. It will just wrap itself on you legs but don’t worry, it’s harmless.
Low tide is a theme for this beach, at around 3 in the afternoon going forward there would be no water along the seashore so might as well swim in the morning.
The overall experience is great and it is a must if you want to have your own little adventure with your family and friends. Take a lot of pictures and remember that it is your own definition of FUN.